MODEL(S): ZX | Z Miami | Z Adventure
LAST UPDATED: May 10th, 2023
Please take a moment to read through the written instructions below thoroughly.
- Flush Cutter
- Cross Head Screwdriver
- 2.5mm, 3mm Hex Wrench
- Cable Ties (0.25 inches wide or less)
- Medium Strength Thread-locker
- Start by ensuring the battery is OFF, or remove it and set it aside safely.
- Remove the four (4) screws holding the seat to the frame with a cross-head screwdriver.
- Use a 2.5mm or 3mm hex wrench to remove the four (4) controller mounting bolts.
- Locate the cable ties - securing the controller and cables to the frame - and remove them with the flush cutter. They will be located below the frame near the rear hoop.
- Disconnect all connectors from the controller. When disconnecting, grip the connectors firmly (not the cable) and pull straight apart.
- Before installing the replacement controller, check all connectors for straight pins and no obstructions. Any damaged connectors should be fixed or replaced for proper bike performance.
- Mate the connectors together by aligning the indent on each side of the connector.
- Secure any loose connectors to the frame with cable ties and trim the excess cable ties with the flush cutter.
- Use the medium-strength thread locker on the seat hardware to secure the seat to the frame.
- Before the test ride:
- Make sure all hardware is tight
- Charge the battery sufficiently
- Secure the battery properly to its dock
- Secure any loose items
- Adjust tire pressure
- Inspect brakes
- Wear a helmet and other safety gear necessary
- During the test ride:
- Check the brakes at low speed to make sure the bike stops
- Test all riding modes and levels with the Throttle & Pedal Assist
- Test the bike acceleration from 0 MPH repeatedly
- If any issues occur during test riding, inspect and test the bike for additional problems.
- If there are no issues during the test ride…YOU’RE ALL DONE!